by Aida Mkandawire
I want to share with you how to make a tasty eggplant meal. Eggplants are not as bad as you think they are!
I used to be one of those people who for some reason was not a big fan of egg plants however method they were cooked. After all, it is so much easier to hate or dislike certain foods before you try to other methods of cooking them. It is not until recently I learned a new method of cooking them, that I started to really enjoy eating them. I then decided to share how I made them just to help some other folks who may have the same issues with egg plants also known as aubergine like I once did.
how to make a tasty eggplant meal
- Eggplant or aubergine
- Beef or pork mince (depending on your favorite)
- Spring or regular onion
- Black pepper powder
- Ginger powder
- Light and dark soya sauce
- Baking powder
- Bread or self-rising flour
- Cooking oil
1. Put well defrosted mince in a bowl. Add black pepper, ginger powder, a tablespoon of both light and dark soya sauce and salt. Stir and leave it to marinate for 20 minutes.
2. Then chop you other ingredients that’s spring onions/onions make the particles as small as you can manage. This will be added to the mince the last 5 minutes. The reason being, if you add onions/spring onions to mince too early the smell becomes unpleasant.
More recipes by Aida: Easy Recipe for Fried FIsh Fillet
3. Next up you slice the egg plants. Now here is the trick, you should place your eggplant on a cutting board, cut off the ends part then cut half way of a smaller piece. Don’t go completely all the way down but the next part cut all the way down. This should all you to stuff the meat in between.
4. Now add the spring or regular onions to the mince and stir it well. Then stuff the meat in between the cut egg plants. It should look like the picture below.
Also check: 14 Fruits that Increase your Body Water Level
5. You should then mix a half cup of bread/self-rising flour into another bowl, add a tea spoon of baking power to it and some water then whisk it. The right consistency will allow you to write the number 8 when u scope some of the mixture with your whisker.
6. Heat cooking oil up in a big enough pot for easy manoeuvre, take your mince filled eggplants, dip it into the mixed flour paste make sure it well coated and dip fry it for 2 -4 minutes or more depending on your liking.
You can eat it as a smack or part of your main course served with your own choice of other dishes. You could use sweet chill for dipping if you are eating it as an independent snack.