I have spilled quite a number of things about myself on this blog, but this time, I wanted to be literal. Wanted to share a few facts about myself, some that I just realised I hadn’t accepted until now. Yea, I started drafting and some things I do just hit me right in the face. Here are 10 facts about me that you should know about.
Remember, I wrote a biography of myself during the #WinterABC challenge which you can read here.
10 facts about me you should know
- I am an only child: I like to think that this is no shocker cause I have gotten to realise that I act like one. I used to be in denial about it. Maybe cause I grew up with so much people I regard as siblings.
2. Can be very protective of myself and my loved ones. I am very protective of myself, and most often don’t like being vulnerable. I have lost the best of friendships and relationships because of this. Someone once told me that I am hard to tame. And it is not by choice, just that my past molded me. Likewise, I can be very protective of those I love. I don’t like seeing them hurt, so I go above and beyond to shield them.
3. I totally enjoy being alone. I find so much happiness in being alone. Which makes me think I can be a good Rapunzel, lol. But honestly, I freak out when I have been with people for too long.
4. I love good food but hate cooking. I get it, if you love food so much you have to learn to make it. Well, not me. i love good food, I enjoy the mouth orgasms it gives me. I just don’t like cooking. Maybe because each time I cook, I end up losing my appetite.
5. I love music. I listen to music a lot. And a lot of the music I listen to has been an inspiration to my poetry. If I share with you my favorite artists, then you probably mean a lot to me.
6. Writing makes me sane. I find solace in seeing my bodies of work. Putting words together that hold meaning to everyone that reads gives me comfort. But mostly, I write cause it is the easiest way to express myself and my emotions.
7. I live in my head a lot. This is a blessing and a curse. I tend to not be in the present most times.
8. I’m slow to love, but when I do, I love hard. Again, remember I said I am overly protective of my heart. When I choose to love someone, I make sure I know their intentions. I need to make sure I am safe.
9. I am a Christian, but not religious. I believe in the Big Guy, but I have reservations with the church that markets his beliefs. Many times the church has let me down. But once in a while, I do visit just to put a smile on my mum.
10. I love the Carlton Dance. If you are a fan of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and have never attempted the Carlton dance, then are even a fan. I love that dance, do it in my room.
These are 10 facts about me that I wanted to share with you all. This was so fun to write.
Share your comments down below, like and share.